GET UNDERSTANDING

Although I heard, I did not understand. Then I said, “My lord, what shall be the end of these things?”

Daniel 12:8

A lot of people can read and hear messages, however, not everybody understands. You have to make sure that you understand what you read and what you hear.

Understanding will cause you to act upon the Word; it will give you practical wisdom. Understanding will cause you to produce results and it will get you to the desired end.

We should get wisdom and understanding not just wisdom. When you go for the Word, you are going for wisdom. However, you must also go for understanding.

Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not forget nor turn away from the words of my mouth.

Proverbs 4:5

1.            Be prayerful

The Word and prayer go together. When you pray you speak to God and when you read the Word, God speaks to you. One does not go without the other. You need both, The Word and the Spirit.

Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not loose heart.

Luke 18:1

2.            Give the Word your undivided attention

Pay attention to the Word; if you want to get the most out of the Word, give it your undivided attention. Don’t multitask when you truly want to read the Word, but focus.

My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings.

Proverbs 4:20

3.            Read and listen to the Word repeatedly

When you read and listen to the Word repeatedly you gain understanding. You see and hear things that you might never have before. The Word changes you as you read and listen to it repeatedly.

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:17

Thought of the day: I have to get wisdom and understanding.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You that I have the ability to understand Your Word, thank You that as I pray, give Your Word my undivided attention, read and listen to it repeatedly, I gain more understanding, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STRENGTHEN YOURSELF IN THE LORD

WAGE WAR WITH PROPHECY

GOD REWARDS RIGHTEOUS LIVING